Overview of the Best Online Roulette Casinos in 2022
Roulette is one of the oldest casino games, played at land-based and online casinos all over the globe. The game originated in France at the end of the 17th century, and by the end of the 20th century, it had spread throughout the world. So far, you will hardly find a casino without a roulette table. Moreover, the game features an array of variations, and in this comprehensive post, I wish to delve deeper into the game rules, review the best online roulette Canada casinos, and thoroughly analyze the main game variations. So get comfortable and have a look!
Overview of Top-Rated Online Roulette Casinos in Canada
How to Play Roulette Online?
Let’s begin with the basics and review the main rules of this insightful game. If you are eager to play online roulette Canada, you need to learn them first. The key objective of this game is to guess which number a ball will land on when the wheel is spun. If your predictions are correct, you are the winner. To do this, you need to wager on a roulette board, which normally features 37 or 38 numbers. In this game, no skills are involved; it’s a game of chance, and this means that even newbies have a fair opportunity to win some cash!
Let’s get down to the main directions on how to play this game.
- Place your bets. If you choose the standard online roulette Canada real money game, you’ll have an unlimited amount of time to place your bets. If you choose a live dealer game, you need to place your stakes within a certain time limit.
- Spin the wheel. You need to click the relevant button to make the wheel spin. If you play a live dealer game, you need to wait for the live dealer to spin the wheel.
- Wait for the outcome. Now, you only need to look for the ball which will be spinning around the wheel. Just wait for the outcome of the session. You’ll get a prize when the ball lands on your number.
As you can see, this game doesn’t involve specific skills or knowledge; everything depends on your luck. By the way, you can also play roulette online Canada free at some casinos. However, this option is not as exciting as playing for real money.
The basics of how to play online roulette have just been covered. Now, let’s get down to the main types of this fantastic game.
Online Roulette Game Variations
When browsing the web, you’ll undoubtedly find an array of the best online roulette casinos and game variations, and it’s up to you to decide which version to choose. My goal is to briefly review all roulette game variations for you to be able to make the right choice.
This game features a single zero and this feature, of course, makes it more favorable to users. The thing is that this feature takes the house edge of the game down to a more favorable 2.7 %. When playing this roulette variation, a player loses their bet when the ball lands on zero.
The main distinctive feature of this game is the addition of the double-zero on the wheel. The average house edge of this game is 5,26%. Due to this feature, you can’t win big when playing this roulette version. In this game, a player loses money when they place an even bet, and the ball lands on double zero or simply zero.
If you are new to this game, this roulette version might look rather daunting to you. But when it comes to the winning chances, it’s one of the best games as its house edge is 1,35%.
As the name implies, this online casino Canada roulette game increases the entertainment value because it has two balls in play on a conventional roulette wheel. And these balls are launched via a special remote control mechanism. The main distinctive feature of this option is that two balls are spinning at the same speed and the second one always lands after the first one. This game is available in two variants: single-zero and double-zero.
It’s a live roulette game built by Evolution Gaming. It includes the elements of classic French roulette and a superb game show flair. Absolutely each round is quick, and players have a chance to win multipliers - up to 500x their stake. In this game, your goal is to guess the number on which the ball lands on when you make more bets that cover that number.
It’s an exotic game variation played on a small wheel that has only 13 pockets. In other words, it’s a small version of European or American roulette, and the key difference here is the size of the wheel.
This game follows the rules of European roulette, but the main difference from other versions is that you can place your bets on the outcome of eight roulette wheels simultaneously. Simply put, you place your bet for all active wheels. If your bet wins, you collect the winnings from each wheel.
Basic Online Roulette Playing Rules
Eager to play roulette online? Firstly, you need to learn the basic rules. Although it’s a simple game of chance, you need to know how to place your bets and raise your winning chances.
Here are the main directions to follow:
- Make your bet on the chosen spot on the table.
- Make sure your bet doesn’t exceed the table limits.
- Remember that you need to place your bet before your live dealer closes the betting session.
- Only the dealer is allowed to touch the player’s chips with losing bets.
- Payouts are usually made in accordance with the paytable.
- An average roulette wheel features red and black pockets and one green zero pocket.
- If you choose the American roulette version, the wheel of this game comes with an extra double zero pocket.
After all, the players place their bets, the dealer spins the wheel and throws the ball. The winning number is the slot where the ball lands. You are the winner if you bet on that number or a group of numbers that contain it.
Online Roulette Winning Chances
If you are eager to enhance your winning chances while playing online casino roulette, you need to learn the basic types of roulette bets. They will undoubtedly determine your winning chances and your potential payback. When you learn how these bets work, it will be easier for you to make the right playing decisions.
An inside bet is a wager that you make on numbers within the grid. Inside bets include the following bet types:
- Straight - a bet on only one number on the grid.
- Split - a bet on two numbers on the grid.
- Street - a bet on three numbers.
- Corner - a bet on four numbers.
- Street - a simple bet on five numbers.
- Six Line - a wager on six numbers on the grid simultaneously.
An outside bet is placed on the non-single number spaces located outside the grid. And they usually include the following bets:
- Column - when you are betting on 12 numbers simultaneously.
- Dozen - when you are betting on 18 numbers simultaneously.
- 1 through 18/19 through 36 - when you are betting on 18 numbers at once and cover half of the numbers on the grid with your wager.
- Odd/even - this bet type is normally based on whether the numbers are odd (1, 3, 5, 7) or even (2, 4, 6, 8), and you are betting on 18 numbers simultaneously.
- Red/black - bet, based on the color that comes on the wheel.
|Bet name||Winning spaces||Payout||Odds against winning (French)||Expected value (on a $1 bet) (French)||Odzds against winning (American)||Expected value (on a $1 bet) (American)|
|0||0||35 to 1||36 to 1||−$0.027||37 to 1||−$0.053|
|00||0||35 to 1||37 to 1||−$0.053|
|Straight up||Any single number||35 to 1||36 to 1||−$0.027||37 to 1||−$0.053|
|Row||0,00||17 to 1||18 to 1||−$0.053|
|Split||any two adjoining numbers vertical or horizontal||17 to 1||17 + 1⁄2 to 1||−$0.027||18 to 1||−$0.053|
|Street||any three numbers horizontal (1, 2, 3 or 4, 5, 6, etc.)||11 to 1||11 + 1⁄3 to 1||−$0.027||11 + 2⁄3 to 1||−$0.053|
|Corner||any four adjoining numbers in a block (1, 2, 4, 5 or 17, 18, 20, 21, etc.)||8 to 1||8 + 1⁄4 to 1||−$0.027||8 + 1⁄2 to 1||−$0.053|
|Top line or Basket (US)||0, 00, 1, 2, 3||6 to 1||6 + 3⁄5 to 1||−$0.079|
|Top line or Basket (European)||0, 1, 2, 3||8 to 1||8 + 1⁄4 to 1||−$0.027|
|Double Street||any six numbers from two horizontal rows (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 etc.)||5 to 1||5 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.027||5 + 1⁄3 to 1||−$0.053|
|1st column||1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34||2 to 1||2 + 1⁄12 to 1||−$0.027||2 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.053|
|2nd column||2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35||2 to 1||2 + 1⁄12 to 1||−$0.027||2 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.053|
|3rd column||3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36||2 to 1||2 + 1⁄12 to 1||−$0.027||2 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.053|
|1st dozen||1 through 12||2 to 1||2 + 1⁄12 to 1||−$0.027||2 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.053|
|2nd dozen||13 through 24||2 to 1||2 + 1⁄12 to 1||−$0.027||2 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.053|
|3rd dozen||25 through 36||2 to 1||2 + 1⁄12 to 1||−$0.027||2 + 1⁄6 to 1||−$0.053|
|Odd||1, 3, 5, ..., 35||1 to 1||1 + 1⁄18 to 1||−$0.027||1 + 1⁄9 to 1||−$0.053|
|Even||2, 4, 6, ..., 36||1 to 1||1 + 1⁄18 to 1||−$0.027||1 + 1⁄9 to 1||−$0.053|
|Red||32, 19, 21, 25, 34, 27, 36, 30, 23, 5, 16, 1, 14, 9, 18, 7, 12, 3||1 to 1||1 + 1⁄18 to 1||−$0.027||1 + 1⁄9 to 1||−$0.053|
|Black||15, 4, 2, 17, 6, 13, 11, 8, 10, 24, 33, 20, 31, 22, 29, 28, 35, 26||1 to 1||1 + 1⁄18 to 1||−$0.027||1 + 1⁄9 to 1||−$0.053|
|1 to 18||1, 2, 3, ..., 18||1 to 1||1 + 1⁄18 to 1||−$0.027||1 + 1⁄9 to 1||−$0.053|
|19 to 36||19, 20, 21, ..., 36||1 to 1||1 + 1⁄18 to 1||−$0.027||1 + 1⁄9 to 1||−$0.053|
Call or announced bets
Call bets, also called French or announced bets, belong to a special bet category, more popular at traditional land-based casinos. To make a call bet, a player only needs to call what they wish to bet on instead of just placing the chips on the table. The thing is that only dealers are allowed to place the chips for call bets on the table. Dealers must be professional and properly trained to handle an array of wagers simultaneously.
Most Effective Online Roulette Betting Strategies
No matter what the game is, absolutely each player wants to raise their winning chances and hit a big win. So far, there’s a massive collection of roulette systems used by gamblers from all over the globe. Their basic premise is to increase the winning chances and help gamblers receive as much return as possible. Let’s review some of the most popular strategies.
Martingale Betting Strategy
The legendary Martingale system is probably the most popular betting system. The main concept of this progressive system is to change the bet size depending on the outcome of the previous bet. When following this system, you need to raise your bet by two times after every loss.
Grand Martingale Betting Strategy
It’s another version of the Martingale strategy that requires players to double their bet size after a loss. Plus, they also need to add one unit to it. For example, if you bet 4 units and lose, next time, you need to add 8 units and one more. This system has the power to enhance your potential net profit as you raise your bet size.
Reverse Martingale Betting Strategy
According to this variation of the Martingale strategy, you need to add a number every time you win and remove the first and last numbers when you lose. The logic is simple, any losses that you may have are inconspicuous as compared to the winnings that you have the chance to get. However, this system is considered controversial, and that’s why experienced gamblers avoid it.
D’Alembert Roulette Strategy
So far, it’s one of the easiest betting strategies. It can be applied to absolutely each even-money bet in roulette. The logic behind this strategy is simple - you need to increase the size of your bet every time you lose and decrease every time you win.
Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
This system is one of the most complex ones. However, it can also be used by inexperienced players. This system is based on the legendary Fibonacci sequence, where each number is created by adding the previous two. It can be applied to only even money bets like odd/even, red/black, etc. When you lose your bet, you need to move one number up the Fibonacci sequence. When you win, you need to move two numbers down the sequence.
James Bond Betting Strategy
It’s a simple combination bet where your total amount can be distributed to a few bets. In other words, you need to place bets on a few sections, and in doing so, you’ll cover a few possible outcomes. The main distinctive feature of this strategy is that it can guarantee a long-term profit.
All-In Betting Strategy
If you are searching for an adrenaline rush, this system is exactly what you need. Your key objective is to select the number to place your bet on and place your whole bankroll on it. Now, wait for the outcome of the game. By the way, you can do this a few times, a lot depends on how often you win.
Constant Bet Strategy
Being one of the easiest betting strategies, this one is quite popular among players. The concept behind it is as follows - when you win or lose, you should keep the size of your bet every time.
Tips on How to Improve Your Odds While Playing Online Roulette
Although roulette is considered a game of chances, there are some tips that might raise your winning chances. Let’s take a closer look at a few recommendations given by professional punters.
- Try various betting strategies. This is probably one of the most effective tips. Learn the main betting strategies and gradually test all of them. In doing so, you’ll find the best one for you.
- Control yourself. Make sure you can control yourself while playing roulette. Otherwise, you risk losing everything. Set your budget and decide how much you can spend on playing this game. You should gamble the money that you don’t need for other purposes. On top of that, you should deal with a trusted online roulette casino only.
- Play on free tables. So far, all modern gambling platforms feature roulette free online games. And this is a fair opportunity for inexperienced players to test the gameplay and decide which version fits their needs most of all. Plus, when playing roulette free, you may get familiar with the gameplay and learn the game rules.
- Learn how much the game pays out. It’s of utmost importance for players to check roulette odds before they start playing. Remember that absolutely each bet comes with the potential payout and winning odds. In general, outside bets pay 1:1, and inside bets pay from 6:1 to 35:1. You need to learn the odds before placing your bets.
Now, when you know everything about this game, it's high time to test the gameplay yourself. No complicated rules and inextricable game strategies, just check the paytable, learn the odds and place your bets! Although you will hardly find a gaming strategy that guarantees a win on absolutely each hand, my tips and recommendations will undoubtedly raise your winning chances. So check my comprehensive online roulette casino list and immerse yourself in the gameplay right away!