What is Live Dealer Baccarat?
Baccarat is a card game that is very popular all over the world. But how does the web version differ from the classic one in land-based casinos? The point is that you don't need to leave your home to enjoy baccarat. As a rule, any gambling activity in a real casino is associated with dealers. Such persons help people place bets and follow the rules of the game.
How to Play Baccarat Live
- Read the Game Rules. Surely you understand that in most cases, the rules of the game are similar in any casino. But you will have to spend time learning the basic principles, nuances, and secrets. Knowing everything about baccarat hands and other aspects minimizes the risks of losing in the first round.
- Know the House Edge and Payout. Did you know that the dealer has a slightly higher chance of winning (about 50.68%)? That is why you need to know everything about payouts and the house edge in advance so as not to be surprised by the results of each gambling session. However, as a rule, the types of bets are similar in many casinos, so even a basic understanding of the gambling process and live baccarat odds will be useful to you.
- Check the Difference Between The Live Features & Casino Software. As a rule, you have three gambling options: direct streams from casinos, special studios, or mobile/desktop apps. In the first two cases, you will be playing with live dealers and the ability to control some parameters. The third option implies full automation of the gambling process.
- Pick The Most Trusted Casino. Choose the site that has the best online reputation. This rule should be key for you. Study all the pitfalls so as not to be disappointed during the gambling process. In addition, each casino has a set of certain differences and additional features.
Basic Baccarat Rules
First, you need to understand the classic rules of the game. Only then should you choose the best live baccarat online casino. So, each card session implies the presence of at least two participants. As a player, you have a goal to beat the dealer. The ideal score is 9 points.
Now let's take a look at the next important aspect. Top live baccarat online casino sites offer the same tables as in the offline segment. Each playing surface has a betting line. Regardless of the number of members participating in the online session, only Punto and Banco can play. The rest of the gamblers only place bets. When it comes to betting, you have 3 options:
- Player bets.
- Banker bets.
- Tie bets.
As you can see, everything is pretty simple. The names of the fields may differ in modern live baccarat casino sites. Sometimes, instead of sectors, numbered boxes for chips are placed on the tables. Bets on the one who scored more points win. If the score is equal, the so-called Tie bet is paid, and the rest is returned. Players can bet on any combination of outcomes.
As a rule, the size of the bet in baccarat is limited. You must keep this in mind when playing live baccarat online Canada. So if the bets are made, the banker deals with two cards face up to everyone. As a rule, at small tables, 6 decks of 52 cards are used. After the hands are dealt, the combinations are revealed, and the dealer counts the points.
After the distribution and opening of the player's combination, participants can receive one more buyout card if it is specified in the rules. Thus, the party can participate from 4 to 6 cards. The rules of this game do not allow you to refuse the buy-in if the conditions stipulate it. When the first two cards are known, it is possible to estimate the probability of a particular outcome of the game, but it is no longer possible to make or change the bet at this moment.
Such conditions are typical for most live baccarat online casino sites. After opening the initial combinations, the dealer announces the score and the winner. Then the rates are settled. Players who bet on a draw lose money if someone wins. But if the game ends with an equal score, bets on the winnings of both sides are refunded.
If you decide to play live baccarat, there is one more thing you need to know. All cards have a point value. For example, aces are worth one point, and 2-9 cards are worth face value. At the same time, 10s, jacks, queens, and kings are worth zero. By the way, jokers are not used in this game.
Take your time and carefully study all the nuances. For instance, the total value of each hand is formed according to units digit of the sum of their constituent cards. So this is the main information you should know before you decide to play live baccarat online for real money. So take your time and remember all the above information. It is likely that you need at least a couple of days to understand the basic aspects.
Baccarat Hand Values
As a rule, all top live baccarat mobile casinos work according to a similar principle. But you should be aware that it is unusual for beginners to navigate the nuances of gambling regarding hand values. Each combination has some peculiarities. Here are some examples to help you understand the general principle.
- Ace + 2 = 3;
- jack + ace = 1;
- 5 + 8 = 13, (ten does not count) which equals 3;
- 2 + 3 = 5;
- 9 + 6 = 15, (ten does not count) which equals 5;
- 9 + 9 = 18, (ten does not count) which equals 8;
- 7 + 4 = 11, (ten does not count) which equals 1.
As you can see, all online live baccarat games are very similar. You need to score 9 points or something like that. In general, your task is to have more points than your opponents. As a rule, beginners take some time to understand the general logic of all hand values.
Your payouts depend on the type of bet. As a rule, your banker bet pays out at a ratio of 0.95 to 1. At the same time, the player bet has a ratio of 1 to 1. In the case of a tie bet, you can count on 8:1. These conditions apply to most live baccarat online Canada sites.
Tips for Maximizing Your Winning Chances
Surely you can't wait to start playing but don't rush. Pick the best live baccarat online sites and follow the tips below. Just a couple of minutes and you can increase your chances of winning.
Don't Stick to Patterns. Many beginners mistakenly try to look for patterns. But such a strategy is unlikely to bring you positive results. Instead, you better focus on fixed rates and money management. Self-control alone can help you avoid failure.
Pick Tables With Low Commissions. Nobody wants to lose money just like that. Typically the house commission is about 5%. However, you can look for sites that offer better terms. Most likely, you will be able to choose at least 2-5 options that will most benefit you.
Know When to Stop. Excitement and high self-esteem help beginners at some stages. However, you shouldn't be overconfident. Reserve a certain amount that you are willing to lose. This strategy will help you minimize your risks. Plus, you can unexpectedly win 3-5 times in a row. You will surely feel euphoric. So this is exactly the case when you should say stop, even if luck favors you.
Don't Change Strategies Too Often. Surely you have already decided that you will count cards or use Martingale (or its variations). But is it worth changing strategies often? Consider choosing 1-2 styles you understand. The fact is that beginners can make a lot of mistakes when switching between different gambling styles. It is best to choose only one strategy and follow it all the time until you realize that you are ready for the next stage.